Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The "Scoop"

So I mentioned in one of my Facebook statuses this week that this semester will be my last one at BYU -- in Provo anyway. This came as a shock to at least one and I forgot that I didn't clarify. So here's the scoop:

About 1 1/2 weeks into school I had a meeting with a math counselor (all majors are supposed to meet every semester to check progress, etc.) and there I found out that I was pretty much about to be kicked out of the major (embarrassing I know) due to some low grades. I was sad but kind of relieved in a weird way...studying math constantly isn't all I hoped it would be.

Anyways, I started looking into other majors and different options. Nothing looked too enticing or if it did, there was no hope of getting into the program (such as accounting or management) so I had the feeling that I shouldn't stay at BYU. I kept getting a strong "nudge" that I should go to BYUI. I was definitely surprised and taken back! I applied there in hs but never wanted to go and didn't have a strong desire to go there even now. But as time went on, and I did my research, and thought about it, etc. I think it is the best place for me to go next.

I have already been accepted but when I get to go is still unknown. I hope for April and it's looking like a good possibility. I think I'll study accounting there (but I'm not 100% on it since I don't have real exposure to the field).

So thats the scoop... ;)

1 comment:

Nathan and Heidi said...

You will love BYUI, I did at least! Good Luck!