Since basically the beginning of the year my eyes have been having a hard time with my contacts. I get bad headaches, feel light-headed and my eyes will hurt, become sore, and cause red irritation. I dealt with it a lot last semester until one day the infection got so bad and sensitive to light that I couldn't be outside because it was so bright.
Well I had finally "caved" and went to the eye doctor and got eye drops and that helped a lot! I thought it was all taken care of, but unfortunately not. Even after 2 weeks of wearing my glasses, as soon as I put my contacts back in, my eyes flared up again. No bueno (I'm practicing my Spanish tehe ;) ) The other day it got so bad again that I couldn't go outside because of the brightness. I basically lived (and slept) in my room all day which I nicknamed The Cave.
Last weekend, I went to the eye doctor (for my mission) and told him all that was going on and how I really didn't like these contacts and he said we'll try another brand. I'm not sure if it was the new brand or my eyes already sore that made the infection worse...lets hope it's the first. But he said to call him if my eyes gets worse and he'll give me a prescription. Well, when I called, he was out of the office which turned into being gone the whole week...awesome. NOT! Luckily my eyes are doing MUCH better now without the drops that I can probably try wearing my contacts again in a couple days or so....
Also, can I just say how much it stinks having astigmatism??? The contacts cost SO MUCH money and they only end up just annoying my eyes. So, what's the point of this whole post, writing about my eyes?
* It's late. I'm tired, but I don't want to sleep.
* I'm really sick of wearing my glasses
(I don't know how I did it all day, every day, for 19 years).
OK, thanks for reading :)
9 years ago

1 comment:
I'm sorry about your eyes DaNae! I miss sitting in the cave with you!!
Post a Comment