I graduated college a year ago today! Can you believe it?! That's crazy! ONE WHOLE YEAR being done with homework, tests, projects, all-nighters, group presentations, etc. etc. and it feels SO great!! Don't get me wrong. I miss it at times. A LOT actually. Not so much the school part but the aspects that are attached, like living on my own, having roommates, social gatherings, etc. I don't always miss the roommates but I do a lot because my house gets to be so quiet and it was like instant-friends and social life without having to try too much. Sure they were also instant-trials and patience builders but those are good to have at times.
Here's a picture of me the night of graduation:
July 22, 2011
And here's a picture I had my mom take of me today:
July 22, 2012
What a whirlwind of a year it's been! Throughout the year I found myself complaining mostly about my Bachelor's Degree because it didn't pay off as soon as I would've hoped. I work part-time as a math tutor where high school students have the same job. HOWEVER, I'm always reminded how incredibly blessed I am to have a formal college education. It has opened doors that otherwise would've remained shut (and I know this will continue to be the case) had I not received as my brother puts it, "That piece of paper that says I'm smart."
I love to learn. I hope this desire only continues to grow. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had (and now have) to further my education and hopefully use that to better others' lives. With that I just want to end with my motto for my life/daily advice: "Learn something new everyday -- no matter who the teacher is. Then to have balance, teach someone everyday -- no matter who the student is."
I LOVE LEARNING!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment