Pardon me while I vent for a moment...
My name is DaNae Peterson. No middle name yet (my maiden name will become my middle name). Notice the spelling please. It's DaNae Peterson. The "N" in my first name is also capitalized and my last name is s-O-n.
Now, I honestly realize that the spelling of my first name is tricky, especially with my mom being Renae and my sister being Lanae. So if you happen to spell it wrong, I understand and will forgive you. BUT when my name is written out in front of you (like on Facebook, on a card, on a note, or when I verbally tell you letter-by-letter how to spell it), spell it like it is!
Over the years, here is how people have spelled my name...
~ Danae
~ Denae
~ Dena
~ Dana
~ Denaye
~ Denay
~ DeNaye
~ DeNae
~ DaNe (Dane...really?)
~ Dinae
~ Denea
Come on people when I'm spoon-feeding it to you, I think you can handle it ;) Really if you're recalling it from memory I understand completely!
9 years ago

2 comments:
um you totally swiped my blog layout! It's okay we're totally bonding with this blog thing. I still love you, DaNae!
Don't worry, I have the same problem. I have seen my name spelled:
-Allison (the right way!)
-Alison
-Allyson
-Alyson
-Alysen
-Alicen
and I am sure many other ways as well. Then we go to my last name...
-Sherer (the right way!)
-Scherer
-Shererr
-Sherrer
-Shaerer
(this one is my favorite...this was how it was written on an award I was given in high school)
-Schaerrer
So in other words, I feel ya girl. :)
Post a Comment