Hey everybody :)
Sorry I'm so bad at this whole blogging thing. I feel like I have nothing to tell you. I know what you're probably thinking...you're in Florida working at Disneyworld and there's nothing to update? Well yea lol All I do is work. For long amounts of time and it can be quite exhausting.
Initially I worked 5 days a week for 8 hours a day, being a 40-hour work week and it was nice. Lately it has gotten MUCH busier and so now I work 6 days a week but still mainly 8 hours a day. But when you're working almost 50 hours a week it is very draining. I miss school so much. I have always loved school and this is definitely making me more excited to go back.
I work at this quick-service "restaurant" at one of the resorts (Saratoga Springs) called the Artist's Palette. I'm not going to lie but I hated it at first. It's a long time on your feet, physically exhausting and draining, I didn't know anyone or what I was doing, plus being away from family is never easy. For at least a week I told my mom just about everyday that I wanted to quit and I came close a few times. I'm so glad that I didn't! I don't want to be a quitter. Sometimes you got to take the runt jobs to appreciate other things.
Well I feel like I know what I'm doing now and I was the first CP (College Program Student) of the bunch to start (there are 8 total) and I've been done with training for about 3 weeks now so a lot of them are now asking me questions and I can answer them! It's nice :) Plus I've been getting to know the people I work with and my feet/legs have toughened up so being on my feet for so long doesn't hurt as much anymore :)
The other day (Friday) I went with a guy from work to the parks. I actually had 2 days off this week (such a blessing!) and so the 2nd day was spent on having fun and so did he (he's a seasonal worker so only works a few days of the week). We went to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and then back to Magic Kingdom. We were out for about 10 hours total and so much fun! I love being able to get into the parks for free and at my own leisure. It was really rainy and cold that day so the parks were so empty...PERFECT!!!
This week I have been deployed to another resort. It's all the All-Star Movies resort (the All-Star Resorts are by far the busiest of all the resorts so they are constantly deploying other workers to help out). At first I was excited to go but then yesterday happened (it was my first day) and my mind quickly changed. I don't see the point of deploying people - every place is different so I wasn't adequately trained to help out as much as they needed. They should just hire more people for the resorts. I had to work 10 hours yesterday and my legs were not liking that. I wanted to cry I was in so much pain. But did make it through. I didn't want to go today (I need to go in a few hours) and I still don't really but luckily my good night's rest helped a lot. 5 days left of this place then back to good ol' Saratoga!
Being here has really made me realize how much I love (and miss) my religion. I have to work Sundays - there really is no set way around it. And it SUCKS!!!! I absolutely hate working Sundays. I have always enjoyed my Sundays; I would get so much out of them and now I don't have it. I have been able to go to church one Sunday (last week), yesterday I was able to go to Sacrament Meeting, and the other times I went to what's called Gathering (a little sacrament meeting at night). The ward here is so amazing to help give all the CPs rides to and from church activities and I'm just so grateful. But I can't wait to be able to go to church every Sunday, not go to work afterwards, and able to go to FHE and other activities. 2 months to go!
Well sorry this was a lot of words but this is my life as of now. I know theres no pictures again. I tried uploading them but it froze and I got impatient. I PROMISE next time my post will be all pictures. Hopefully it doesn't take me too long.
Loves
9 years ago

1 comment:
Just found your blog! I am so jealous of your life right now! Have fun at Disney World! It sounds amazing!
Post a Comment