Sunday, March 21, 2010

Recap

I figured it's time for a new update but theres not much to update...

I got deployed AGAIN! It's to the same place - All Star Movies. I was less than amused because I hated it last time but it's not sooo bad this time around. They have actually put me in shops which is really nice but I still miss Saratoga. I got deployed 2 weeks this time - last week and this one but it is official next week I am scheduled to work at Artist's Palette...yay!

I haven't been to work (at All Star) in about 4 days...Thursday and Friday I was scheduled to be off which was awesome to have 2 days. Saturday I had work at 7:30am which is gross and I got there about 7 but as usual they were overstaffed so I opted for an ER which made my day! And today I called in sick and yes I am legitimately sick. My throat is so raspy and it's near impossible to talk...feels like my throat has been sewn shut and my head feels like a brick...hard to sit for long periods of time.

Tomorrow I have a short shift 11 - 5 and I'm determined to go and Tuesday I'm off again. So 5 days of no work in a period of 6 days which sounds awesome but other than no money for some of those days heres another downfall...my next day off is the following Saturday! That's 10 days of work straight...YIKES!!! But then again I do deserve it.

I've been reading a lot of church books lately. When I told my mom I was thinking of a mission and I wasn't sure she sent me 2 books about preparing and things to know etc. so I've been reading those and in one of the books, the author, John Bytheway, suggests some books to increase your spiritual knowledge so I'm eager to begin those books as well. I have always enjoyed reading but always been too lazy or tired to do it but occasionally I get really into reading and read a ton...this is one of those occasions but hopefully it lasts awhile :)

Other than that, I can't think of much to say. Oh Friday, was my "twin's" birthday. His name is Jon (I posted a pic of him and I a few posts down) and Friday was his birthday celebration! Katie, his girlfriend and my roommate, did a lot of the planning and I assisted. We slept in, ate a big breakfast, went on a scavenger hunt at Magic Kingdom, came back and then a group of us went to Benihana for dinner. It was so much fun!!! I love those types of places and made for a great day.

Sorry this is all just words. I have pictures to post but don't want to move to get my camera...sorry for the laziness. They are on Facebook if you have an account and want to look there. Until next time, have a great one!

PS The next post will probably be about my nephew being born...my sister-in-law is due in 7 days!!!! Wish I was there but can't wait!!!!!!

1 comment:

amsherer said...

So I have a really weird question for you...
My family and I went to Disneyland over break and I kept thinking how cool all of the costumes were that the employees got to wear, but also how well each costume fit on them. Do you guys get your costumes specially tailored?