Well I guess it's about time for a new post... ;) Sorry there are no pictures again. I'm on campus right now and left my camera at my apt and Facebook is blocked until 5pm so the next post will have pictures I promise :)
Well let's see...School is almost over! I have 4 finals left to take but one is writing a talk for my religion class so it won't be too bad that I hope to complete on Sunday. I'm taking my Econ 357 final Tuesday morning in class, my parenting final Wednesday afternoon, and my macro final in the testing center on Wednesday. Basically this weekend, and especially Monday, will be intense, but in less than 1 week I can breathe :)
Some sad news...My Uncle Ray passed this past Saturday night. He had been battling with Pancreatic Cancer for over a year so it wasn't a surprise of his passing but doesn't mean it makes it any easier. My condolences to his family and friends. His funeral is tomorrow morning. It is only about 40 mins away from school and I really wanted to try to make it down there but didn't know if I could swing it with school and everything but luckily my roommate is letting me borrow her car so I don't have to rely on others to take me back to school. It'll be nice to see family -- if only it weren't under the circumstances.
My mom will be in town tonight until the following Tuesday (so about a week and a half). It is a bad time though with finals but it will be good to be able to see her for a little biti while she is up here. Friday morning a new building, the BYU-Idaho Center (so original I know...I like to call it the BUICK), is being dedicated (it's comparable to BYU's Marriot Center), and Pres. Eyring and Elder Nelson (I think....) will be here so that will be really cool!!! Afterwards, or Saturday, my roommate and I are leaving for Missouri.
She's from the Kansas City area and won't be at school in the winter so I'm driving out with her so she won't be alone then we'll hit some of the sites. She lives by a couple of the church history sites which will be fun and then for a day or too we're going to St. Louis!!! I'm get to see 2 of my friends from Disney, Katie and Jon. I'm pretty stoked. Not to mention to eat some Stake 'N Shake! YUM!
Afterwards I'll be flying to Utah for Christmas where I'll hang out and maybe get my wisdom teeth removed...(I'm in the process of working on my mission papers [side note: I'm not 100% certain of a mission but I am preparing :) ] and dental work still needs to be addressed :) ) In Utah, I have some fun, simple things planned: catch up on sleep, watch movies (especially It Takes Two!), eat junk food, make smoothies, and have fun! School starts up again on Jan. 5 (it's a Wednesday) but I'll head back on Monday so I have Tuesday to get books, find classes etc.
Speaking of next semester, I need to finalize my schedule. It looks like it's going to be a rough semester with heavy course loads but maybe I can pull it off....right?
Here was my original class list (19 credits!):
English 316 - Technical Writing
Math 324 - Probability and Statistics
Econ 358 - International Economics
Econ 300 - Managerial Economics
Econ 444 - Regional Economics
FDSCI101 - Science Foundations (GE)
FDREL212 - 2nd half of the New Testament
Well then good news came along that I'm no longer required to take Eng 316...whoopeee!!!! So I'm down to 16 credits :) But I also don't need as many upper-division classes on campus either (it's a long story but I petitioned the school being a transfer student and they approved the waiver...another whopeee!!!) So, now I'm down to 13 credits but I need 15 for my scholarship so I need to decide which additional class to drop and what to add in it's place. I thought of dropping International Econ and adding the first part of Old Testament for a total of 15 credits. But then I was talking with my econ teachers and they suggest taking all the classes (only Managerial is most math-intensive) and should be fine but if I absolutely feel like dropping one, drop Managerial. Which sounded good....
But then, I found out that one class I need for grad school (Yes, I am eventually planning on pursuing Economics), Econ 388 - Econometrics, is being offered! Well, technically I knew this already but I thought I didn't meet all the prerequisites which it turns out I do, so I go to add it and sure enough its full. Stink! The next time the class is offered is next Fall, but I graduate in Spring, so basically next semester is my option unless I take classes after I graduate before going to grad school. So, I go to talk to the teacher (who happens to be my Macro teacher now) and explain the situation and he says the class is full but he anticipates people dropping because some students are Comm and Poli Sci Majors who don't belong in the class. He said come the first day and I should be fine and if not, he'll work with me as most as he can. Well cross your fingers!!! I would love to take this class now if I can. The main problem is this class if very work- and math-intensive so I would definitely drop Managerial in its place. With Econ 388 and Math 324 plus 2 other econ classes I think I'm set...
So my schedule will probably be this next semester (16 credits)...
Math 324 - Probability and Statistics
Econ 358 - International Economics
Econ 300 or 388 - Managerial Economics or Econometrics
Econ 444 - Regional Economics
FDSCI101 - Science Foundations (GE)
FDREL212 - 2nd half of the New Testament
I'm contemplating adding FDREL301 (1st part of the Old Testament) for a total of 18 credits. Which I know sounds INSANE but one, I really want to take all books of scripture which I can take teh 2nd part of Old Testament Spring semester and complete this goal or not worry about it. Plus, yea it's 18 credits, but 4 are religion, and 1 is a redundant GE that I'm told is so easy you don't have to go to class... I don't know what do you think? Am I totally crazy?
So I know this is a way long post and Good job if you were able to read it all...I promise to compensate next time with pictures!! Cross your fingers and pray that I get into Econ 388 (sorry so much of this was talking about classes...man am I a nerd or what? lol). Thanks for the faithful followers (if I have any haha) who put up with me :)
9 years ago

2 comments:
Good luck with finals and getting your schedule!! Break sounds busy and fun though :)
Hey you, you said you would follow my blog if i followed yours and you havent followed mine yet, :(
Post a Comment