Saturday, April 2, 2011

Exciting Times Ahead :)

So, I fail at blogging. And what I have to update on may be surprising for those who I don't keep in the best contact with... So sorry. But here you go anyway...

The semester is ALMOST over!! Last day of classes are Wednesday and I'm aiming to leave by Friday morning. This has been by far one of the my most challenging semesters and I am really excited for it to end. I have 6 classes, and have already completed everything for 2 of them...4 more to go :)

I have only ONE semester left until I'm done with undergraduate work! My anticipated graduation date is Friday, July 22, 2011 and yes I have had a countdown for too long...111 days to go :) I decided about 2 weeks ago that I am going to move to another apartment complex my last semester. I wasn't anticipating this but seems like a good decision. It's not far and hopefully the people who offered to help me move can still deliver...I will miss my ward and current roommates but we've all agreed though that we'll see each other so much, it's like I'm the 7th roommate ;) But my favorite part is about moving...I'll have a private room! Finally :)

BIG NEWS: My mom and I are so close to embarking on the greatest vacation ever! (Well maybe, going to England in 2005 for Christmas will be very hard to top!) But next Saturday, just a WEEK away, we are going to New York! We are going for 9 days and get to see so much...We're first going upstate to Palmyra and see some of the Church sites, then we're going to Niagara Falls, and the remainder of the time will be spent in NYC! We plan to see (but not limited to) the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Empire State Building, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station, 9/11 monument, Manhattan Temple, and 3 BROADWAY plays: Sister Act, Mamma Mia!, and WICKED!!!! It's going to be AWESOME!

I'll get back to Rexburg Monday, April 18, at about 4:30pm leaving me with just enough time to check-in. It's going to be crazy because the next day school starts with an 8am class...gross. Plus, all my stuff I can only move to the storage facility there so I'll have to find time to get all my stuff and unpack (remind me why I'm moving again? Sometimes I can't remember...) but the BEST PART is...perhaps my MISSION CALL will be waiting for me in the mail box!

Yes, I have taken the leap towards going on a mission! I am super excited and yet freaked out of my mind! I never imagined myself going on a mission nor does it seem real now...perhaps it won't even when I have my call and know where I am going...maybe it will finally feel real when I'm in the field...that sure is a lot of taking steps not knowing, but I have faith I'll be where I'm supposed to be.

So my interview with the Stake President was this past Tuesday night and he said he would be submitting my papers the following (Wednesday) morning! So, as far as I know, they are submitted to Salt Lake City and waiting for one of the Brethren to look at them (hopefully) this coming Tuesday. If they are reviewed on Tuesday then there is a chance that I will receive THE big, white envelope before I leave on Friday which would be cool because then I don't have to wait so long, but if not (which will probably be the case) then I'll have until I come back a week and a half later to know...Hopefully it doesn't come later than that! Waiting is the worst (as in painful) test of patience ;)

So, that is me as of now... I'm excited for my last semester of college. I only need 9 more credits to meet graduation requirements but am taking 14 for my scholarship. My classes will include:
- Public Economics
- Marriage Skills
- Family Foundations
- Foundations Capstone
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Beginning Bowling
- Doctrines of the Gospel
There's obviously some "fluff" courses in there but I'm excited :)

Since I promised last post (way back when for those of you who are old enough to remember...) that I would post pictures I still will, but kinda. I will post just a few so you can see how I am...more to come, especially of those from adventures in New York :)

I'm surrounded by great people...4 of my current 5 roommates...
Left to right: Sasha, Arisa, Laurie, Nikki, and Me

I have great friends (and roommates)
Above: Nikki, me, and Hannah dressing up just because we CAN! :)

Above: Halloween 2010 -- Apartment contest: Wizard of Oz
We know we're awesome ;)

Lastly...what I think of most often currently...
I really hope this comes soon!

No comments: