Thursday, April 21, 2011

CALLED TO SERVE!!

Hello everyone!

Well my call was waiting for me in Rexburg which was the best end to a great vacation I could have ever asked for!

I have been called to serve in the NEW JERSEY MORRISTOWN Mission!
My mission does cover more than just the city of Morristown. Based on the map the church sent me, it goes a little bit into New York (on the main land...not the islands) and goes as far south in New Jersey to a little bit below the "kink" of the state on the left. I'm pretty stoked!! I'm so glad to finally know where I am going! I love saying and hearing my mission...I don't think those 3 words, "Morristown, New Jersey" will ever get old :)

I report the MTC (Missionary Training Center) on Wednesday, July 27, 2011. I graduate from school the prior weekend so it will be a REALLY quick turnover but I'm glad that there will be less waiting :)

Also, I will be sharing the gospel in the Spanish language. I'm really nervous! I'm eager to learn yet so nervous. However, I know that God and Jesus Christ are on my side and the Spirit will help bring things to my remembrance.

So in just over 3 months, I'll be heading out for an 18-month long service for the Lord...can't wait! :)

2 comments:

Debbie DeLancy said...

Congratulations! That is where Bro. DeLancy served his mission....eons ago...but one of his favorite areas!

Adriana Benitez said...

Congrats!!! You'll be awesome out there and that place sounds cool. I'm kind of jealous that you'll know Spanish ;)