Saturday, June 25, 2011

Refreshing

So I was reading my old roommate's blog (she recently left for the MTC at the beginning of June) and just the other day made it to Houston (serving in the East Mission) and she mentioned a video she got to see by Elder Holland that he gave in 2000, called "The Miracle of a Mission" and really urged everyone to find it and watch it. I couldn't find it online (if you can, PLEASE let me know!) but I did kind of a find the text from another person's blog: http://themiracleofamission.blogspot.com/2011/02/miracle-of-mission-jeffrey-r-holland.html


I then got on a mission kick and do what I do best...stalk! Haha I mean "research." There's a great talk by Elder Rasband given in April 2010 General Conference, "The Divine Call of a Missionary" and I watched on YouTube (I love Mormon Messages!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGHAGsaE6iE&playnext=1&list=PL297E507443665D99


(Sorry I don't know how to upload videos or make the cool link buttons...)


Then I looked up info about my mission president and his wife!
http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/60979/New-mission-presidents.html
Jon M. and Bonnie B. Jeppson
I personally think he resembles Steve Martin ;)

Jon Mayer Jeppson, 63, and Bonnie Jo Bult Jeppson, six children, New Jersey Morristown Mission; Winder 6th Ward, Salt Lake Winder Stake. He serves as a patriarch and is a former stake president, counselor in a stake presidency, bishop, counselor in a bishopric, elders quorum president, counselor in an elders quorum presidency, member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and missionary in the New England Mission. Lawyer, Matheson Mortensen Olsen & Jeppson. Born in Salt Lake City, Utah, to Edward Marlow and Elizabeth Taylor Jeppson.

Sister Jeppson serves as a patriarch scribe and is a former counselor in a stake Primary presidency, counselor in a stake Young Women presidency, teacher development coordinator, counselor in a Relief Society presidency, Young Women president and counselor in a Primary presidency. Born in Salt Lake City, Utah, to Keith Joseph and Mary Louise Gunn Bult.


Lately, I've become more increasingly nervous (terrified even might be more appropriate) about this. I've definitely re-thought it out and almost talked myself out of it BUT after this evening I feel renewed and rejuvenated. I'm still scared and nervous but I feel so much at peace with a sense of hope and encouragement.


I report to the MTC on July 27
or in 1 month and 2 days
or in 4.5 weeks
or in 32 days
or in 768 hours
or in 40,080 minutes
or in 2,764,800 seconds...
(I love numbers!)
It's coming SOOOO FAST!!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

We are so excited for you and love you tons! You will be great!