Hola!
Can you believe that another week has come and gone? I can...lol time is slow during the day but the weeks seem to come around a lot quicker... Less than 3 weeks until I'm in New Jersey!!! I've heard hear and there about the hurricane/tropical storm that hit the East Coast...my heart goes out to them. Maybe they'll be more receptive to the message, that is my hope anyway.
I should be getting my flight plans next Thursday (just 9 days away!) That's going to be so weird but awesome. This is all so surreal, but it is exciting at the same time. Another piece of great news is I should get to be a host missionary next Wednesday when the new missionaries come (you usually get to host your last 2 Wednesdays, so I'm optimistic!) What would be even better, is that first Wednesday (Sept. 14) my old roommate enters the MTC and I would LOVE to be her host! Keep your fingers crossed :)
I found Aunt Connie and Uncle Dale yesterday when they came in!!! It was such a happy moment ;) I originally found them while I was in line for food at the cafeteria as they were leaving and I was really bummed. But as I was leaving after lunch I saw them in a conference room with a lot of other senior couples and I just stared at them hoping they'd turn around. Haha it was funny because then an older missionary came by and asked what I was looking for and I told her I saw my aunt and uncle in there. She looked at her watch and said why don't you go in?! The meeting doesn't start for another 10 mins. I looked at my companions and asked if that was allowed, she said why not?! You got my approval! It was great. So I went in and hugged Connie. She met my companions and we arranged to eat dinner together that night. BEST DAY EVER! I haven't seem them today since it's been P-Day, but I still have 5 days to see them ;)
Hmmm...what else to report on? Spanish is ever so slowly coming. There is obviously much room for improvement but whenever I can see that I progressed it just makes me so happy. I've been forewarned though that it's a harsh wake-up call again once you're in the field with re-learning the language too, so I'm trying to keep that in mind too. It makes sense...We only really learn gospel terms and such here, so we can practice teaching. One step at a time...
It has been a good week though overall. We all forget that yesterday was Labor Day because it's not like we got the day off haha but then when we realized that affected mail check it was a little bit of a bummer. Oh well, maybe more will be waiting for us today :)
I really can't think of what else to report on. Watch as soon as I hit send I'll think of something...I'll make a note for next week :)
I've been reading a lot lately in the Pearl of Great Price and it's AWESOME!!! I'm almost embarrassed that I hadn't discovered it before. I love Preach My Gospel. This handbook truly is inspired and a great resource not only for missionaries, but everyone. I have come to appreciate it more now on my mission. What a blessing.
Well, that's it for now. Thanks for letters and prayers. It's such a strength and blessing. I really do appreciate it all. May the Lord be with all of you.
Until next week, Have a great one!
Love,
Hermana Peterson

1 comment:
I read that you had a roommate going to the MTC in a week and thought......gosh I wonder who that could be? And then I realized.....it was me. :)
Post a Comment