Tuesday, January 12, 2010

ORLANDO

Hi all :)

Well I found the computer lab in my apartment complex and what a relief. I've been in Florida for a little less than a week. My mom and I flew in this past Thursday but I checked in yesterday and it's been chaos ever since.

We got here right at nine but of course people came before so it took a while then I had to go find an apt then 2 hours to go get fingerprinted with background checks etc then we ate lunch then went to another long housing meeting. FINALLY that was the end to Disney for the day...so much info and emotion for one day. My mom and I finished shopping (I needed to buy some shoes for work) and enjoyed the time together. She left a little over 2 hours ago - her flight is in 45 mins. It was extremely hard to say goodbye. It always is for me but this time was even harder because everything is foreign. I hate the unknown (who does??) but oh well. I'll get through...somehow.

I start orientation tomorrow with a class called Traditions which is the history and tradition of Disney. Since I don't have a car I'm at Disney's discretion and their buses. My class is at 8am but need to take the 6:45am bus to make it in time. GROSS. but this summer I had to be to work by 7am somedays so I'm sure I'll be fine. Luckily, my roommate, Jenna, has the same schedule tomorrow so we'll go together.

I'm really excited for my roommates. I have only met 2 (I should have 3, at first I didn't think the other is moving in but she is (Jenna met her) so she's just a little late). Jenna is from Utah and goes to BYUI (yay she'll help me up there!) and Katie is from St. Louis and goes to BYUH. Diverse group but they seem sooo sweet. I really hoped for good roommates this time around and I think I just may have hit the jackpot!

Well, I just want to give a little speel out to my mom (though I don't think she reads this...) but she was so sweet to come all the way out here with me, helped me gathering everything, but more importantly gave me a hug when I needed it most, calmed my nerves, wiped my tears (yes, they have been in full supply), and just gave me the comfort and reassurance that I needed. I don't know what I would have done if she wasn't here. Probably would not have made it. Yay for her! I love you, Mom!

Well I better get going. I'm so tired and need to unpack. I'll post hopefully soon. I left my camera at my apt so pictures next time. Have a good one!

No comments: