Tuesday, September 15, 2009

FAILURE: When Your Best Just is Not Good Enough!

So I should be studying right now...so I'm going to be quick :)

I dropped and added some classes last minute (the reason why is another post - next time!) and one class I added is Physical Science 100...I thought this was the best pick for being almost 2 weeks into school so I could catch up (it's mostly review).

Well, there is a test you can take by the add/drop deadline (which was yesterday) that if you get a high enough score you can test out of physical science and the score you get on the test is the grade for the class. I was feeling [overly] ambitious and wanted to take the test because I thought I could do it if I studied. Well I studied ALL-day Saturday (not even kidding for about 12 hours!) and reviewed for about 4 hours on Monday. Then I ventured into the "ever-so-lovely" BYU Testing Center (see below)


The test took about 2 hours and I felt semi-confident. I had to think hard about some questions and some I just guessed but surely I'd make it after all my efforts right? ...

WRONG!!!

I did soooo bad on the test! I was disappointed but at least I know I tried my hardest and am better prepared for the semester of work ahead of me :)

I had to give this post the title I did compliments of my brother, Scott. He told me this to cheer me up/make me laugh...and it actually worked!

No comments: