Alright everyone,
Well I did promise in the last post that I'd explain why my class schedule has changed so much ....I'm changing majors AGAIN. For those of you who don't know...let me give a brief summary of all the majors I had (or thought I would have)...
1. Architecture
2. Industrial Engineer
3. Actuarial Science
4. Marriage, Family, and Human Development
5. Mathematics
....and now (drum roll)...
6. Business! or maybe Accounting....
OK, so here is the scoop... Last Wednesday, I had an appointment with one of the math counselors to discuss my classes and see if I'm on track for graduation. Turns out, since I got 2 low grades in some classes, that I was on the verge of getting kicked out of the program...OUCH. This was a bittersweet moment for me because I have always loved math. I have a passion for numbers that I cannot explain. And then to be told that I'm about to be dropped from my favorite subject was awakening. On the other hand, as much as I enjoy math, I was not doing well in class and it began to stress me out CONSTANTLY. I don't want to study something (and ultimately go into a profession) that can give me an ulcer. Good news is I'm taking a math class this semester that once I'm done with I will have a math minor. So, I think this news was a blessing in disguise. But then I was faced with Where do I go next??
I spent that night and the next couple of days contemplating (with the help from those around me) that I could go back to the MFHD major (which I enjoyed studying and could finish school sooner) but I was worried about a stable future. Then came the option of Business Management. NEVER would I have EVER imagined myself going into business, yet here I am about 6 months away before I can apply (I have 2 more classes to complete). One of the classes I must take is Accounting 200 which I'm excited to take next semester. My brother, Scott, said that if I really liked it (and I added if I do well) I should try for the Accounting major -- very prestigious at BYU. I don't know what's in store for me. I'm hoping all will work out in a timely manner (because I know ultimately it will work out).
Well sorry this is a long and wordy post but thats just whats been going on in my life. Next time, I'll post some pictures of...something :)
Love ya!
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment