Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 2

Name and Explain 3 Legitimate Fears:

1. Death
Death is not an uncommon heartache in our family.  I'm not so worried about going to "the other side" but more HOW it will happen.  A car accident where I wither in pain or a long illness that will ultimately lead to death terrifies me, but in my sleep would be OK.  It's more I don't know what to expect, and it's not like someone can explain to you how it will be, and I don't handle the unknown very well.

2. Being Single
I'm getting older.  DUHH.  To the world, I'm still really young, but in Mormon World, I'm very behind.  Most of my friends by now are married, pregnant, or even already have one, with the second on the way. There comes a certain age for girls, when the boys quit looking and focus on the 19-year-olds.  I feel like I've passed the threshold or at least VERY CLOSE.  I worry that I'll never get married and I'll be alone.  The thought of dying alone terrifies me.

3. Failure
I'm so worried about not living up to my potential.  I don't like letting myself down, especially letting others down.  I worry about making mistakes that are BIG mistakes, making wrong decisions.  Obviously wearing white on a rainy day is a bad decision, but not compared to my career, my family, etc.  I don't want to mess up nor do I want to misinterpret guidance given to me.  Basically, I want to excel.  Sure, there will be bumps along the road, but I want to be strong enough, sure enough of myself, to keep going forward.

1 comment:

nattapatta said...

You are NOT to old! Don't settle for just anyone just because you are afraid you won't get married. You are a special, beautiful young women and you will find the perfect man for you! You will go out and do amazing things and then everything else will fall into place. Keep being awesome!